I apologize for not writing as frequently on my blog as I would like to in the past two weeks. I’ve been in the process of moving and it’s been quite an ordeal. I promise to get back up to more frequent posts in the coming weeks. In the meantime, I wanted to share some really inspiring government and non-profit organization websites that are supporting technology innovation in Ontario. I couldn’t find an extensive list anywhere, so I thought I’d start my own. It’s exciting to see all of the growth and innovation that’s happening in the digital media and technology industries in our own backyard.
Here are some of the organizations that I have discovered to date:
- Canadian Digital Media Network – a Canadian non-profit organization focused on supporting digital media entrepreneurs and the organizations that help them to succeed.
- Communitech – A non-profit organization supporting technology companies in the Waterloo region
- Interactive Ontario – A not-for-profit organization committed to growing the digital content industry in Ontario
- Maple Leaf Digital Lounge – an organization focused on bringing together North American venture capitalists, entrepreneurs, global customers and technology leaders
- MaRS – A charitable organization focused on connecting and improving the Canadian world of science, technology and innovation
- Ontario Media Development Corporation – An Ontario government organization focused on advancing the province’s media cluster
- Ryerson Digital Media Zone – A non-profit organization which provides training, support and a collaborative environment for digital media entrepreneurs
If you know of other organizations worth following, please share them and I’ll add them to the list!