Posts Tagged entrepreneur
I’ve been told that one of the secrets to successful networking is to show that you are vulnerable. If you don’t let people know that you need their help and ask for it, you’ll never get anywhere. I recently made the brave decision to become a freelancer. So, I’ve spent the past few weeks contacting people that I’ve previously worked with to find out how I can help them with their business and/or find out if they know anyone else who I might want to speak with? My goal is to talk to anyone who will listen and who might want to give me some advice.
So far, I’ve been overwhelmed by the amount of people who have offered to help by either sitting down to talk over coffee or by introducing me to someone else who might be a great contact. People truly do want to help you if you give them the chance. As a result, I have met some very interesting and inspiring people and I feel extremely grateful to all of them.
I used to shy away from networking because I was afraid of making a fool of myself but now my mantra is “always be networking”. What do you have to lose? You just never know who you might meet and everyone has a great story to tell. You might even make some new friends along the way. I figure, if I can dress up in a turkey costume and run 5K in front of thousands of people, I can definitely call someone up and ask them to go for coffee and chat. This week, I am staying open to all possibilities!
advice, Andrea Wahbe, business, coffee, colleagues, entrepreneur, friends, help, jobs, marathon, marketing, networking, online advertising, run, Second Harvest, social networking, Turkey, vulnerability
Hello world! I’m trying to start-up my own freelancing business as an online media sales and marketing strategist. What does that mean? Are you an online start-up that plans to make money from online advertising but aren’t sure where to start? Or, are you a small to mid-sized business that has lots of opportunities coming in but cannot keep up? Let me help give you a running start.
I have over 8 years of experience contributing to the success of some of the top online media front-runners in Canada, including AOL and Google.
Summary of services offered:
- Online media sales “go to market” strategy and media kit development
- Winning RFP response creation and brainstorming
- Dynamic sales presentation and collateral development
- Compelling online audience research and consumer insights
- Successful online marketing strategy and project management
Contact me today to find out how I can help your online business to take flight!
Andrea Wahbe, business development, communications, consumer insights, contracts, digital trends, entrepreneur, freelancer, jobs, marketing, online advertising, online business, online media sales, research, RFPs, running start, social media
Search This Site
- RT @techvibes: A Comprehensive List of Affordable and Essential Tools and Resources for Startups ow.ly/l7vkn 1 day ago
- Very good point - even though I really want to see the video: The case against paying sources for information soa.li/sUrHRAW 3 days ago
- Wishing everyone a very happy May long weekend in Canada! 1 week ago
- RT @Marketing_Mag: In the future, networks will have to develop strong applications, not channels, to compete. -Reed Hastings. #cda30 @netf… 1 week ago
- Why it’s OK That my Husband Plays Video Games May 24, 2013I used to worry that my husband’s video game addiction hobby was bad for his health. That is, until I was inspired by a presentation at CDMN’s Canada 3.0 conference last week. Jane McGonigal, a world-renowned game designer and advocate for the positive impact of video games believes that games can help people achieve heightened […]
- Looking Forward to Canada 3.0 2013 May 9, 2013Hi Everyone, I know it’s been a long time since my last post. I am still on maternity leave (and enjoying every minute with our new son) but I do plan to attend Canada 3.0 2013 in Toronto next week! I’ll be there on Tuesday to check out some amazing speakers like Amber Mac, Chris […]
- Why it’s OK That my Husband Plays Video Games May 24, 2013
Popular Tagsadvertising advice Andrea Wahbe b2b marketing bloggers Blogging blogs branding Canada Canada 3.0 Canadian Digital Media Network content marketing corporate storytelling daily deals digital media entrepreneur entrepreneurs Facebook freelancers Google Hubspot ideas inspiration jobs LinkedIn marketing networking online advertising online business retail running start small business small businesses SmartBrideBoutique.com social media social networking Sprouter start-up start-ups startups storytelling technology thought leadership Toronto Twitter